I’m excited to be co-host of Elaine’s Old School Blogging monthly link up. Do you remember when we use to blog just for the sake of sharing our life, photos and stories with others? When statistics, followers, retweets, and pins just didn’t matter? Instead you followed a handful of your favorite bloggers and commented on their posts. The blogging community has grown so much over the past few years. As competitive as it can get, it is also an amazing community. I have made so many online and in real life friends through this space we share.
So let’s share our favorite fall stuff today!
Fall Into Fall Old School Blogging!
1. What Fall traditions do you have? We go apple picking, carve pumpkins, and go to a pumpkin patch. We also all dress up and go Trick-Or-Treating as a family.
2. What is your favorite fall recipe? Chili for football Sundays
4. Football – love it or hate it (maybe it steals your hubby away)?
Love it!! We are New England Patriots Fans and Oklahoma Sooners fans. Love college game day and really miss Oklahoma games. So much fun!
5. What was your favorite Halloween costume as a kid? I dressed up as Punky Brewester for at least three Halloweens in a row. It was simple and inexpensive two during my childhood.
6. Pumpkins or Ghosts or both? Both!
7. What’s your favorite fall fashion item (boots? scarves? sweaters?, etc.) I adore sweaters, especially if they are handknit. Being a knitter, I absolutely love this time of year. It always inspires me to pull out my needles.
8. Is “leaf pile jumping” your thing or not? My thing! I use to do it with my dad growing up and it was a blast. I must do this with the boys this Halloween.
9. Is “It’s The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown” a must-watch at your house? You mean it’s just a Halloween show? Ha! My kids like to watch it all year round.
10. What are you going to be for Halloween this year (or your kids…) We haven’t figured this out yet. I have been pondering dressing Ryker up as a minion and going as one of the little girls in the movie. I’d love to sew him a minion costume, because the in sore ones are pretty cheap quality and not very cute.
We sure hope you’ll join us for Old School blogging. Don’t forget to tweet with us (@elainea and @simplystavish) and use the hashtag #OSBlog.