In my past life (before children) I was a very organized, Type A person. I enjoyed organizing my home and setting up new systems. Finding new tools to make my life a bit easier was exciting to me. I could have easily written a “How to Get Organized” book. This was all before I became a mom.
Ever since having children, I have found that my life has become a disorganized mess. I’m constantly searching for important paperwork, bills, and receipts. My e-mail inbox is overflowing with reminders with various tasks, such as “order new contacts”. These reminders sit and sit and never get done.
In my past life, not only did I love organizing tasks but I also loved using adorable paper to make “to do” lists. Now I am horrible at making and sticking to a list. When I actually do scribble a “to do” list on a paper towel, it usually ends up getting lost or even worse ends up in crumbled mess in the lint trap of the dryer. Clearly I am in desperate need of a crash course in how to get organized as a working mom with two small children.
Is this you too? I know I’m not alone out there. It’s okay to admit that you are a Type A wash out, with zero home organization skills. After much denial and turning a blindside to the mess, I finally came to grips with reality and decided the insanity had to stop.
Just as I was about to google search “how to get organize” and spend time downloading various organization applications that I would likely not use, I discovered AboutOne. AboutOne is an amazing online family organizer that keeps track of your life. It’s bank level security allows you to store your family’s most important information in a safe place. AboutOne also has an automatic back up system, giving you the piece of mind that your information will be available when you need it most.
How to Organize your Life with AboutOne
- Save pictures, videos, and documents of life moments, creating a virtual online memory book.
- Easily upload all of your contact information from various social media sites into AboutOne.
- Save important documents all in one place and shred your ever growing paper stack. This is especially useful for school papers, applications, military documents, insurance policy information and much more.
- Keep track of medical appointments, prescriptions, diagnosis and other relevant health information for each member of your family.
- Prioritize house decorating plans and expenses through every step of the way.
- Organize carpool duties, after school activities and classroom volunteer lists and then share these lists with others.
- Keep an inventory of important household possessions and information about your vehicles, including maintenance repairs.
Take a look for yourself to see what AboutOne can do for your family organization!
I have been using AboutOne for a little over a month now. The initial set up process was very easy. The website is user friendly and visually appealing. At first I was a bit overwhelmed with all the information I could enter, because the possibilities are endless. Instead of quitting and reverting back to a disorganized state of life, I broke the tasks into small chunks over the course of a few weeks. One night I worked on entering all my addresses into AboutOne and then another night I focused on uploading important family documents. I’m still uploading old documents and bits of information into the site when I have free time.
Currently the AboutOne application is available for Android. I’m anxiously awaiting the release of the IPhone application. Overall I love AboutOne and encourage you to give it a try.
How do you keep your family organized? Are you a “To Do” list sort of mom? What How To Get Organized tools have you used in the past? I would love to hear what works best for you and your family!
I was compensated by AboutOne to review their online organizer. All opinions and text are my own.