Last Wednesday night after work I dragged the boys with me to attend the Graco Safety event hosted by Stephanie and sponsored by Graco and the The SITS Girls. After an hour and a half commute in death gripping traffic, we arrived at her house just in time for the festivities to begin.
When I first signed up for the event, I was planning on using this car seat for Noah in our second car. We have been utterly lazy with purchasing a second car seat, so this was perfect. My original plans quickly changed when I found out I was pregnant with #3 just a week before the Graco Safety event.
At the event Stephanie did a wonderful job demonstrating all the great features of the car seat.
Safety Features of the Graco SnugRide Click Connect 40
* The Graco SnugRide Click Connect 40 is the only infant car seat that provides rear-facing protection for babies from birth to 2 years old, as recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics. This is super important to me, especially because a toddler is more than FIVE TIMES SAFER riding rear facing in a car seat. That statistic just blows my mind!
* Children from four pounds up to 40 pounds can use this car seat in the rear facing position. The base adjusts to 8 different settings, giving your child additional leg space as they grow. I just love this feature!
* Another amazing feature of the Graco SnugRide Click Connect 40 is the the Simply Safe Adjust™ harness systems, which allows parents to adjust the harness and headrest with just one hand to fit their baby’s height as their baby grows. That means no rethreading of the harness! Hooray!
* I’m sure many of you are familiar with the SnugRide systems and their handy click feature, allowing you to easily move the carseat from the car onto the stroller without waking your little one. The Graco SnugRide® Click Connect™ 40 has this feature too.
* At just $219.99 at Babies”R” Us this carseat is an affordable option that grows with your child.
The car seat comes in two adorable patterns, Moonstruck and Mena. Since we won’t find out the gender of baby Stavish for quite awhile, we opted for the Moonstruck pattern.
I am excited to install and use the Graco Snugride Click Connect 40 for little baby Stavish in June 2013. In the meantime, Noah was a less than cooperative baby model for me. This kid hates being strapped in to his car seat more than anything. Here is a hands on review demonstrating all the features. Don’t mind the crabby toddler, who was less than pleased to be strapped in and the crazy preschooler, who wanted my attention.