As you may recall, I am currently cooking with and reviewing WORLDFOOD’s all natural ingredient Asian sauces, as part of the Fusion Taste Team USA Campaign. Since the weather is finally starting to feel more like fall in Washington DC, I have started craving more comfort foods. One of my family’s favorite comfort dinner’s is Shepard’s Pie. I typically make it with ground turkey or beef, mashed potatoes and corn. Every now and then I may even throw in some prosciutto for extra flavor.
When browsing the WORLDFOODS recipes, I came across a Green Curry Chicken Pot Pie that immediatly peaked my interest. My mouth began watering as soon as I saw the recipe, so I added all the ingredients to my shopping list, with plans to make it. My plan came to a halt when I had a hard time locating the frozen pastry puff for the top of the pie. Instead, I decided to test out the Green Curry Sauce, in a Thai twist on my standard Shepard’s Pie recipe. I was more than pleased with the final results! The flavors of the vegetables, meat and green curry sauce worked out surprisingly well. The Thai spin really kicks up this traditional American dish.
A Thai twist on a favorite classic Shepard's Pie.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 3 stalks chopped broccoli
- 1 large carrot, chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 4 cups mashed potatoes (frozen steam bag red potatoes, microwaved and mashed)
- 1 jar WORLDFOODS Thai Green Curry Paste
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat Broiler to High
- Brown ground turkey in large pan, adding half the jar of WORLDFOODS Thai Green Curry Paste.
- While ground turkey is browning, chop and steam the broccoli and carrots.
- Prepare mashed potatoes.
- Once meat is browned, add remainder of Thai Green Curry Paste to pan, as well as the vegetables and coconut milk. Simmer all ingredients until sauce thickens. Add salt and pepper.
- Place meat and vegetable mixture into a 8 X 8 baking dish. Cover meat mixture with mashed potatoes.
- Place dish in the broiler to brown the potatoes for 2-3 minutes.
Disclaimer: I was provided with WORLDFOODS products as part of the Fusion Taste USA Challenge, however, all opinions expressed are my own.