As a working mom, who is always on the go I am constantly looking for grab and go healthy snacks that are easy to pack. I’m at the point in my pregnancy where I’m either ravenously hungry or nauseous and light headed. It is essential that I have snacks with me that are healthy and easy.
5 On the Go Snacks for Pregnant Women and Busy Moms
1. Nuts- lately I have been loving the 100 calorie pack almonds or mixed nuts.
2. Fresh fruit- No matter how sick I’m feeling, I can easily get down an apple, orange, or grapes. Before I was pregnant I typically ate a banana in the car for breakfast. Now the texture of them is enough to make me gag.
3. Pretzels dipped in peanut butter- crunchy and salty with a whole lot of protein, yes please! You can even find individual peanut butter snack containers in the grocery store.
4. Crackers and cheese- a sleeve of crackers and a few pieces of individually wrapped cheddar cheese cubes makes me a happy mama, until the kids start begging for some of my snack!
5. Granola bars- I have tried many, many different types of granola bars over the past few years. I have some favorites and others make me ill just smelling them. Over the past few weeks I have been loving YogaEarth’s new line of organic, vegan and gluten-free Keen-wah Decadence protein bars. They provide 10% + of your daily protein and 16% + of your daily fiber. Two essential elements in every pregnant women’s diet.
* Quinoa- one of nature’s best sources of complete plant-base protein
* Coconut nectar
* Dark chocolate- high in antioxidants
* Chia seeds and almond butter- over 500mg of Omega 3s and heart-healthy
All three of YogaEarth’s Keen-Wah Decadence flavors are based on the company’s community-built model, which gathers feedback from thousands of consumers, community members and wellness leaders. Yoga teachers like Elena Brower and Sadie Nardini, as well as professional athletes including the nation’s top female rock-climber Sasha Digiulian, come together to develop and test YogaEarth’s innovative superfoods products.
Community, sustainability and health make up the core of the YogaEarth philosophy. YogaEarth supports local community development by sponsoring cleanup projects, events and organizations such as the World Y.O.G.A project. They also loan 1% of all product sales to Kiva.org women microentrepreneurs via the non-profit organization’s sustainability-focused lending program in the
You can try a sample pack of all three flavors of Keen-Wah Decadence for just $2.95 or purchase a box of 12.
What are some of your favorite snacks for pregnant women and busy mom’s? I would love to hear what works best for you when your on the go and at home!
I was provided with Keen-Wah Decadence bars to sample for free of charge. All opinions expressed are my own and were only influenced by the little human who is taking over my body. This post contains affiliate links.