I participated in this sponsored campaign for One2One Network. All opinions stated are my own.
It’s that fantastic time of the year when all three of my favorite professional sports are occurring- baseball, football, and hockey. We are excited that the Red Sox are in the playoffs. When my husband and I are watching a playoff game we love to enjoy our favorite foods. This year we greened them up a bit with avocados.
Ever since I gave birth to Ryker, I have been obsessed with their smooth creamy texture and delicious taste. Avocados contain nearly 20 vitamins and minerals! Among those are folic acid, vitamin C and E, and potassium, which are necessary for my diet while breastfeeding. Since avocados are available year round from Mexico, they are a great snack solution for game day.
Fresh avocados can greatly enhance any many different dishes from sandwiches and dips to salads and quesadillas. Earlier this week I switched up chicken and cheese quesadillas by adding bacon and avocados. The change was amazing!
- 1 pound of thinly sliced chicken
- 8-10 strips of bacon (or turkey bacon)
- 1 ripe avocado
- ¼ cup green onion chopped
- handful of fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package of tortillas
- chili powder
- olive oil
- Cook the bacon.
- While the bacon is cooking, cut the chicken into 1 inch pieces. Season with salt and pepper and cook in a frying pan with olive oil. Midway through cooking, season with chili powder and cumin. Throw in the cilantro and green onions and season again with chili powder just before it’s fully cooked.
- Prepare the avocado. I absolutely love the 3-in-1 avocado slicer by XOX Good Grips, which can be used to split, pit, slice and scoop the avocados safely and effectively.
- Place a small amount of butter or olive oil in a pan and allow pan to warm. Place the tortilla in the pan. Layer on the chicken, bacon, avocado, and cheese on ½ of the tortilla. Fold over the tortilla using tongs or a spatula and allow the ingredients to melt together. When bottom side of the tortilla is golden brown flip it over to allow the other side to brown. Remove from heat.
- Serve with salsa and sour cream. Enjoy!
Go to Avocado All Stars to enter to win a $5,000.00 gift card for groceries and join in the #AvoAllStars conversation on Twitter. Additionally, you can Download a coupon for (1) FREE 10-oz Ro*Tel when you buy 3 Avocados from Mexico on AvocadoAllStars.com. For more delicious avocado recipes and ideas, check out avocadosfrommexico.com.
Who Doesn’t Love Avocados Giveaway (Valued at $45.00)
One lucky and hungry reader will win a fantastic avocado gift pack that makes snacking on avocados that much easier!