This is a sponsored post on behalf of Hillshire Brand™ and Mom it Forward. All opinions.
When my picky toddler turned into a pre-schooler I had my fingers crossed that he would outgrow his “eat like a bird” stage. I was surely fooling myself that any sort of miracle would happen over night. He is now 3 1/2 and his 16 month-old brother weighs nearly as much as he does. Tonight when they were wrestling on the floor (typical), I laid them side by side. Ryker’s torso was as thick and long as Noah’s. It’s a bit mind boggling.
Most days Noah eat’s one good meal a day, which is usually breakfast, unless he is throwing one of his epic tantrums about wanting candy for breakfast (also typical). Since I am constantly obsessing over my children’s nutrition, I try to pack as much healthy foods from a wide variety of food groups into breakfast. On week days we are out of the house by 8:30 am, so often this is a huge challenge. Luckily the boys go to daycare just up the street. I normally send with them a few healthy items for breakfast, in hopes they eat them instead of sugary cereal.
On the weekends, I love cooking a large breakfast for my family. Noah and Xander like to help cook the meal if they aren’t too busy with their imaginative land of superheros or zombies. Today they helped me make crustless sausage zucchini quiche. When I was brainstorming new ways to include veggies and protein into the meal, I decided to incorporate Hillshire Farm Lit’l Smokies into the recipe. This week while grocery shopping, I downloaded a coupon for the product using the J4U app, as I was heading into Safeway. I love the ease of not having to fuss with paper coupons and still save money.
When Xander and Noah asked what I was making for breakfast I told them and they immediately got to work. Noah loves to crack the eggs and shred cheese and veggies. Xander enjoys dumping ingredients into the bowl.
Crustless Sausage Zucchini Quiche
- 8 oz Hillshire Farm Lit’l Smokies Cocktail links (cut into 1 inch slices)
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2/3 cup of flour
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup of red pepper
- 1 cup of shredded zucchini
- 2 tablespoons Herb de Provence
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Salt and Pepper (taste to your liking)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a pie plate with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Heat the Hillshire Farm Lit’l Smokies Cocktail links in a small frying pan, just to brown them.
3. Sift the flour and baking powder together in a medium bowl. Add the eggs, flour, baking soda. olive oil, and spices to the flour mixture.
4. Add the cheese, sausage, and vegetables into the bowl.
5. Pour all of the ingredient’s into the pie dish.
6. Bake for 35 minutes or until a knife coms out of the middle of the dish clean from the center.
Hillshire Brand™ products currently has several Safeway coupons through the J4U app, which you can download easily. If you are local to Safeway be sure to check them out! The various Hillshire Brand™ products are a great way to add protein into meals, especially if you are serving tiny tummies.
Do you love Hillshire Brand™ products? Here are a few more delicious recipes that use their products.
What are your kid’s favorite protein packed foods?